Japan pretty much is little big america part 2. This is a play off of the burger series going on at Mc Donalds right now in the land of the rising sun. I was actually really stoked about this, because getting hashbrowns at any hour of the day was rather amazing to me. I got the item--but the sauces weren't really my speed. Supposedly there is an onion bun on this thing, I didn't notice it at all. Perhaps that's a good thing for me, since I'm not big on the onions. But in that same note...to not notice it at all says something about the flavor. I was overwhelmed by the sauces: honey mustard (which I like...but this one is off, and I like it in small portions with fried chicken strips. Next was the pepper sauce. No thanks. I wanted to love this, but it was a total miss for me.
They should really just serve breakfast all day. Now that's a winning idea.
But why was Japan little big america to me? The way that old American favorites are re-done or overdone has it's charm. From the multiple level Forever 21 and H&M shops, to the Shakey's viking buffet complete with a chocolate sauce banana pizza (I'm pretty sure it was a crepe instead of cheese) there were many surprises to be found in Tokyo.
No comments:
Post a Comment