Monday, June 20, 2011

retro-fitted life

Other than the slightly strange title of this garment, pussybows have a special place in my heart. I was finally able to snag an item at a decent price. This blue pussybow/sailor inspired dress has a delicate floral all over it. I got it for like 15,000 korean won...which is around $12 US. Don't quote me on that though. I got a similar dress in an off white color with an orange/yellow flower mix. I really adore it--but it's SUPER short. I didn't really put a lot of thought on how these items would fit (as I'm a teensy bit taller than the average Korean girl).

My fashion-life has felt a little lackluster, ever since I stopped my writing job and since I've somewhat been dedicated to saving money. We'll see how long it sticks. I've tried my hand at refashioning old items into something new but my hand stitching is sloppy--and I don't think it will be worth the day long journey to buy a sewing machine (because of my lack of skills + we wont be here for an incredibly long time).



Anywho, I'm wearing this dress at the Hakata station in Fukuoka. There was this really ginormous shopping area, and the fashions on this side of the globe really have a way of making me swoon. Their price tags however create a whole other feeling for me. We're sitting at a pancake restaurant because everything else we tried to do besides eat was not going in our favor. So for us, Fukuoka was renamed FatUoka. But since I've been away from quality western food for so long, I only felt a little guilty while indulging.

The place was so quaint and the pancakes were good! The restaurant was on the 2nd to top floor of the building, and it came with like a "young grape" syrup on the side. It was really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment